The official announcement was made: we’re going to see the new iPhone 7 on September 7 (now who would’ve guessed…), as the date was officially confirmed today. The Cupertino-based manufacturer has sent out invites to selected media outlets, asking to join them in the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, in San Francisco.
Even though both the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are expected to pack several new features, the real ‘amazing iPhone’ will most likely be introduced in 2018, when Apple will mark the smartphone’s 10th anniversary. But hey, this doesn’t mean that this year’s handsets won’t be awesome!
Apple is known for managing to keep their secrets, in some way or another, so we still have some uncertainties regarding the design and the spec sheet of the new handsets. Therefore, we let our imagination run wild a bit and came up with something that we like to call ‘the perfect iPhone 7’.
Keeping it short, we’ve made a list with some of the features that could transform the iPhone 7 into the ultimate smartphone. You get the point… Now, enough with the chit chat, let’s dream a bit, shall we?
A big battery
– Ah yes, the eternal problem. Rumors are claiming that the upcoming iPhone 7 will feature a 1960 mAh power pack, while its bigger brother will have a 2910 mAh one. No matter what Apple claims, we’re almost convinced that these phones will require daily charging for most users.
We know that nowadays it’s almost impossible to load a 2016 high-end smartphone with a battery that will keep it powered for a week, just like old Nokias, but we wouldn’t mind to charge it every two days. One can dream…
A QHD display
– Let’s face it, Quad HD is the standard for any flagship nowadays. While most Android models – some mid-rangers included as well – are relying on this resolution, Apple will apparently launch a phone with 1334 x 758p and one with 1920 x 1080p.
Yes, Retina displays are really good, but come on, you need more pixels! Apple is rumored to release an 8K Mac later this year and they don’t want to use a damn 2K panel on a phone. Let this sink in.
– Not one, but two of them. If you ask us, it was HTC, with the One M7 that made us fall in love with this audio setup.
Those speakers, aided by the Beats technology, were sounding amazing. And guess who owns Beats now, but still makes phone with some tiny speakers, stuck on the bottom… An iPhone 7 with two front-facing speakers would be perfect!
A 3.5mm jack
– This sounds weird, but if we give credit to the latest rumors, the iPhone 7 will lack this feature and the headphones will connect through the Lightning port.
Of course, people will want to use better headsets and Apple will eventually sell an adapter for $49.99 or something like that. Still, whenever you want to listen to some music, you need to insert that adapter, then the headphones and so on. We know that they have a minimalistic approach when it comes to designing devices, but functionality should come first.
OIS for both models
– Last year, optical image stabilization was a feature present solely on the iPhone 6s Plus, one of the reasons that made a lot of people pick it over its little brother. There’s nothing that could reveal that things are about to change this year yet, but hopefully, Apple will consider this and load both the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus with this awesome camera characteristic.
And there you have it, guys. 5 of the features which, in our opinion, could make the iPhone 7 the ultimate smartphone. As you can see, we’re not asking for much, all these being relatively easy to implement by a manufacturer like Apple.
On the other side, we’re aware of the fact that there are way more features that could be added, but we want to hear about them for you! The comments section is waiting for your thoughts on what could make the perfect iPhone 7…